Current Version: 3.0.0
Class Alert is a special type of alarm clock for college and university students and professors. Users enter the specifics about their classes and the program then monitors those classes and alerts the user when the class time approaches. Class Alert installs with default settings, but those settings can be adjusted by the user. Some specifics about Class Alert can be found below. The user's guide should be consulted for complete details and examples.
- Alert Methods: Class Alert performs alerts by playing a sound and/or displaying a popup window. The popup window displays the class name and how much time remains until the class begins. It also displays in three different colors, and the colors will change from yellow to orange to red as the class time approaches. This popup window does not "steal" the focus away from whatever the user happens to be working on (e.g., typing an e-mail). Both alert methods (play a sound and display a popup window) are enabled by default when the program is installed for the first time, but they can be adjusted in the program settings area.
- Times to Alert: Class Alert will perform alerts during the times the user selects. The program offers alerts at the following times prior to the start of any class: 60 minutes, 45 minutes, 30 minutes, 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 7 minutes, 5 minutes, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute, and at class time. For example, if a class starts at 10 a.m. and the alert time "15 Minutes Before Class" has been selected, then Class Alert will alert the user at 9:45 a.m. All times with the exception of "60 Minutes Before Class" and "45 Minutes Before Class" are enabled by default when the program is installed for the first time, but this can be adjusted in the program settings area.
- Start Class Alert With Windows: By default, Class Alert will automatically start minimized to the system tray when Windows starts. This can be turned on and off within the program settings area.
- User's Guide: A user's guide is included that describes how Class Alert works. This user's guide is a searchable help file that is integrated within the program. It can be accessed from the help menu or by pressing F1.
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher
License: This program is freeware, but comes without any warranty including even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Microsoft .NET Framework: The setup program will validate that the .NET Framework is installed. If the .NET Framework is not installed, then setup will automatically download it and install it for you. Do note though that the download size is 48.1 MB, which could take some time on slower Internet connections.