Version 2.4.0 - Released on 7 January 2012
- Fix: Corrected a bug where the days of the week would not reset when editing multiple classes.
- Update: Popup window now fades in and out.
Version 2.3.0 - Released on 31 July 2011
- Significant Update: Class Alert on Windows Vista or later would typically crash when updating the program settings or when adding, editing, or deleting classes unless the program was 1) run as administrator or 2) installed outside of the Program Files directory. Class Alert needs to read and write to the .dat files stored in its directory whenever the program settings or classes are updated. Writing data to any files in the Program Files directory has been restricted by Microsoft to programs with administrator privileges only. Therefore, an update was necessary to make this issue as invisible and secure as possible to the user. This has resulted in a significant change to the user interface. The tool bar and edit menu have been removed. In their place is a new settings menu, which will allow the user to adjust the program settings (starting Class Alert with Windows, alert methods, etc.) and the class settings (add, edit, and delete classes). Adding, editing, and deleting classes has changed a little, since a separate class settings area was needed (see user's guide for details). Administrator privileges are now required to adjust the program or class settings, and you may be prompted for credentials depending on how Windows is setup on your computer.
- Update: Upgraded the code to Visual Studio 2010 Professional, and made minor adjustments to increase program efficiency.
Version 2.2.0 - Released on 19 October 2009
- Fix: Corrected functionality issues with the F1 key and the help system.
- New/Update: Removed the control to start Class Alert with Windows from the setup program and placed it within the Class Alert settings menu.
- New/Update: Minor updates to the code to increase program efficiency.
- Update: Improved support for Windows 7.
Version 2.1.0 - Released on 11 January 2009
- New/Update: Major change to the setup program. Previous versions cannot be automatically upgraded to this version. Thus, older versions will need to be uninstalled via the Add/Remove Programs section of the Windows Control Panel before this version can be installed. Future versions of Class Alert will automatically upgrade older versions down to 2.1.0.
- New/Update: Major change to the user's guide. The user's guide is now a searchable help file integrated within Class Alert. The pdf format is no longer available, but user's guide topics can be printed from wtihin the help file.
- New/Update: Changed how some error messages are displayed to make them more user friendly.
- Update: Minor updates to the code to increase program efficiency and to update links due to the movement of Class Alert's home page on djburnette.com.
Version 2.0.0 - Released on 13 January 2007
- New: Significant enhancements to the user interface.
- New: Added the ability to acknowledge classes, which stops the alert process.
- New: Added 45 and 60 minute alerts.
- New: Revamped the method in which individual classes and alert settings are stored. This is a major change that allows for more flexibility in backing up the classes and alert settings and moving them from one computer to another. Please note that any existing classes and settings stored in Class Alert 1.x cannot be converted to the new format used in Class Alert 2.0. These classes and settings will be lost when Class Alert 2.0 is installed!
- New: Added the ability to check djburnette.com for any updates to the program.
- New/Update: Overhauled user's guide. The new user's guide comes in both web (HTML) and .pdf formats.
- Update: Improved support for Windows Vista.
- Background Technology Update: Class Alert is now built on version 2.0 of the Microsoft .NET Framework. New background technology requires Windows 2000 or higher.
Version 1.0.1 - Released on 28 February 2005
- Fix: Deleting a class from the "Classes Being Monitored" list resulted in a duplication of the class immediately under it in the list and a deletion of the class at the bottom of the list.
Version 1.0.0 - Released on 23 August 2004