Version 3.3.0 - Released on 19 October 2009
- Fix: Corrected functionality issues with the F1 key and the help system.
- New/Update: Removed NGM MOS discussion from the user's guide due to the National Weather Service's termination of the NGM computer model.
- New/Update: Minor updates to the code to increase program efficiency.
- Update: Improved support for Windows 7.
Version 3.2.0 - Released on 11 January 2009
- New/Update: Major change to the setup program. Previous versions cannot be automatically upgraded to this version. Thus, older versions will need to be uninstalled via the Add/Remove Programs section of the Windows Control Panel before this version can be installed. Future versions of Weather Calcmaster will automatically upgrade older versions down to 3.2.0.
- New/Update: Major change to the user's guide. The user's guide is now a searchable help file integrated within Weather Calcmaster. The pdf format is no longer available, but user's guide topics can be printed from wtihin the help file.
- Update: Updated user's guide due to changes in the NAM MOS and the upcoming termination of the NGM.
- Update: Updated Internet links.
- Update: Minor updates to the code to increase program efficiency and to update links due to the movement of Weather Calcmaster's home page on djburnette.com.
Version 3.1.1 - Released on 3 February 2007
- Fix: Lack of reporting degree day units and issues with temperature conversion fixed in degree days calculation.
- Fix/Update: Updated the Internet links due to National Weather Service's termination of IWIN.
Version 3.1.0 - Released on 3 December 2006
- Update: Numerous tweaks to the user interface.
- Fix/Update: Broken Internet links updated.
- Update: Overhauled update check algorithm.
- Update: Updated user's guide for tweaks to the user interface, NAM/ETA MOS news, and the new Enhanced Fujita (EF) Scale.
- Update: Improved support for Windows Vista.
- Background Technology Update: Weather Calcmaster is now built on version 2.0 of the Microsoft .NET Framework. New background technology requires Windows 2000 or higher.
Version 3.0.0 - Released on 22 August 2005
- New: Completely new user interface.
- New: Added the ability
to perform calculations where users enter a complete set of data or copy data from another program (e.g.
a spreadsheet), and have Weather Calcmaster perform the requested calculation
on the entire set of entered data. Users can then copy the
results and paste them into another program (e.g. a spreadsheet).
- New: Added the ability to calculate the following: the boundary layer energy potential (BLEP), the Craven significant severe parameter, the significant hail parameter, the significant tornado parameter, the supercell composite parameter, the wind index (WINDEX), the theta-e, and the mixing ratio.
- New: Added the ability to check djburnette.com for any updates to the program.
- New/Update: Overhauled Internet links and discontinued the start page. All of the links are now located within the program under an "Internet" menu. The links themselves have also been greatly increased and not only include links to weather data but also to astronomical and climatological data.
- New/Update: The reference guide has been removed and all the material it housed has been updated and integrated into the Weather Calcmaster 3 User's Guide. The new user's guide comes in both web (HTML) and .pdf formats.
- Update: Support to calculate heating, cooling, and growing degree days from the daily mean temperature has been added.
- Update: Support to calculate the relative
humidity and dew point from the wet-bulb temperature has been added.
- Background Technology Change: Built on Microsoft .NET technology and therefore will not run on Windows 95, Windows NT 4, or the first edition of Windows 98 (Windows 98 Second Edition or higher now required).
Version 2.1.2 - Released on 12 January 2004
- Update: Reorganization of the djburnette.com Programming Page resulted
in a directory structure change and Weather Calcmaster's Home Page moved.
This version updated information displayed in the Add/Remove Programs section
of the Windows Control Panel as well as the location of Weather Calcmaster's
- Update: Updated reference guide to take into account the unification
of the AVN MOS and MRF MOS products into one GFS MOS product.
- Update: Weather Calcmaster will no longer calculate a heat index
for temperatures below 80 degrees F (part of the normal calculation).
- Update: Weather Calcmaster will no longer calculate a wind chill
for temperatures above 40 degrees F (part of the normal calculation).
- Update: Updated user's guide to take into account the changes made
in version 2.1.2.
Version 2.1.1 - Released on 21 October 2003
- Fix: Crash when converting from millibars to other units
of air pressure fixed.
Version 2.1.0 - Released on 8 September 2003
- New/Update: Updated information on the AVN MOS in
the reference guide. ETA MOS now discussed in the reference guide.
- Fix: Spelling errors corrected.
- Update: All of the degree day calculations are now combined into
one calculation called "Degree Days."
- Update: Updated user's guide to take into account
the changes made in version 2.1.
Version 2.0.0 - Released on 2 December 2002
- New: Completely new user interface.
- New: Added support to allow for calculations in different
- New: Instructions have been removed from the program
itself and placed in Weather Calcmaster 2.0 User's Guide in .pdf format
Acrobat Reader required).
- New: Reference material have been removed from the
program itself and placed in a Weather Calcmaster 2.0 Reference Guide in
.pdf format (free Adobe
Acrobat Reader required).
- Fix: Feet to millimeters, centimeters, and meters
and vice versa conversion fixed.
- Removal: Integrated web browser removed, but Weather Calcmaster retains
ability to launch the default web browser.
Version 1.5.0 - Released on 3 September 2001
- New: Cooling degree day calculation added.
- New: Heating degree day calculation added.
- New: Growing degree day calculation added.
- New: Full support for Windows XP added.
- Fix: Fixed default web browser bug which would result
in Weather Calcmaster crashing on a system with Windows 2000 Service Pack
2 or Windows XP installed.
- Update: The UTC Clock moved to the status bar.
- Update: Updated wind chill index equation due to
National Weather Service implementation of a new wind chill index.
Version 1.0.1 - Released on 16 March 2001
- Fix: Pascals to millibars of pressure conversion
- Update: Setup routine updated to correct some minor
issues with the installation process.
Version 1.0.0 - Released on 2 January 2001
- Weather Calcmaster's Premiere